The Secrets of Caledonia (TSOC) is a supplier of natural cosmetic ingredients inspired by Scottish traditional herbal medicine.
Taking advantage of Scotland’s biodiversity and working in collaboration with established Scottish herbalists,
we aim to provide the most effective and innovative natural ingredients at the highest quality.
- Increase in scavenging activity correlates with increase in wild basil extract concentration
- Almost linear increase in scavenging activity from 1.5% to 13% extract concentration
- Scavenging activity doubled going from 6.3% to 13% extract concentration
- Almost 90% scavenging activity is reached at 25% extract concentration
- Antioxidant properties confirmed
- Natural aging is said to be predominantly caused by changes in elasticity of the skin over time
- Elastase is an enzyme which breaks down elastin, an important protein responsible for skin elasticity
- Elastase inhibition activity of wild basil extract is a measure of the plant's anti-wrinkle and anti-aging properties
- Increase in elastase inhibition activity correlates with increase in wild basil extract concentration
- Linear increase in elastase inhibition activity from 25% to 100% extract concentration
- Anti-wrinkle and anti-aging properties confirmed