Using natural Scottish flora and with the support of Scottish herbalists,
we produce of a wide range of active natural cosmetic ingredients that effectively improve the skin through anti-aging,
skin brightening and more. Our highly acclaimed products include…
Ocimum Basilicum is a member of the large and diverse mint family.
It typically grows to between 12-51cm tall with clustered white/lilac ﬂowers and abundant green leaves.
In Europe, Basil is a popular culinary ingredient due to its distinctive aroma and flavour.
In our experiments, Basil showed good eﬀects for skin brightening and anti-wrinkle efficacies.
In addition to this, it showed strong antioxidant activity.
Other literature has conﬁrmed these eﬀects and shown Basil has been used to treat atopic dermatitis and other skin conditions.
- Increase in scavenging activity correlates with increase in wild basil extract concentration
- Almost linear increase in scavenging activity from 1.5% to 13% extract concentration
- Scavenging activity doubled going from 6.3% to 13% extract concentration
- Almost 90% scavenging activity is reached at 25% extract concentration
- Antioxidant properties confirmed
- Natural aging is said to be predominantly caused by changes in elasticity of the skin over time
- Elastase is an enzyme which breaks down elastin, an important protein responsible for skin elasticity
- Elastase inhibition activity of wild basil extract is a measure of the plant's anti-wrinkle and anti-aging properties
- Increase in elastase inhibition activity correlates with increase in wild basil extract concentration
- Linear increase in elastase inhibition activity from 25% to 100% extract concentration
- Anti-wrinkle and anti-aging properties confirmed