Using natural Scottish flora and with the support of Scottish herbalists,
we produce of a wide range of active natural cosmetic ingredients that effectively improve the skin through anti-aging,
skin brightening and more. Our highly acclaimed products include…
Trifolium pratense is a perennial flowering herb found throughout the world.
The plant has a long history of being thought to bring good luck.
In Western herbal medicine, red clover is used to as a skin remedy, especially for managing eczema and skin itchiness.
Isoflavones in red clover has been reported to increase collagen production and improve the skin barrier.
Biochanin, isolated in red clover extracts has been shown to have skin brightening activity by reducing melanin synthesis.
Moreover, polysaccharides from the aerial parts can inhibit nitric oxide production, suggesting anti-inflammatory activity.
Our own studies have shown positive results for antioxidant eﬀects, anti-inﬂammatory eﬀects and skin brightening.
- Tyrosinase is the key enzyme responsible for the synthesis of melanin by melanocyctes. Melanin is responsible for skin pigmentation
- Tyrosinase inhibition activity of clover extract is compared to that of Kojic acid (100%) inhibition activity
- Error bars represent the confidence interval between extract and control activities
- Increase in confidence interval compared to that of the control indicates increase in tyrosinase inhibition activity with increase in
extract concentration from 0.5% to 2%
- Whitening and brightening properties confirmed.
- Increase in scavenging activity correlates with increase in clover extract concentration
- Steady increase in scavenging activity from 3.13% to 50% extract concentration
- Over 50% scavenging activity is reached at 50% extract concentration
- Antioxidant properties confirmed