The Secrets of Caledonia (TSOC) is a supplier of natural cosmetic ingredients inspired by Scottish traditional herbal medicine.
Taking advantage of Scotland’s biodiversity and working in collaboration with established Scottish herbalists,
we aim to provide the most effective and innovative natural ingredients at the highest quality.
- Tyrosinase is the key enzyme responsible for the synthesis of melanin by melanocyctes . Melanin is responsible for skin
- Tyrosinase inhibition activity of clover extract is compared to that of Kojic acid (100%) inhibition activity
- Error bars represent the confidence interval between extract and control activities
- Increase in confidence interval compared to that of the control indicates increase in tyrosinase inhibition activity with increase in
extract concentration from 0.5% to 2%
- Whitening and brightening properties confirmed
- Increase in scavenging activity correlates with increase in clover extract concentration
- Steady increase in scavenging activity from 3.13% to 50% extract concentration
- Over 50% scavenging activity is reached at 50% extract concentration
- Antioxidant properties confirmed