Using natural Scottish flora and with the support of Scottish herbalists,
we produce of a wide range of active natural cosmetic ingredients that effectively improve the skin through anti-aging,
skin brightening and more. Our highly acclaimed products include…
Cytisus Scoparius, common in Great Britain and Ireland, is a well-known medicinal plant that is native to West Europe.
The bright yellow flowers and green tops have been used to give beer a bitter flavour.
Broom was traditionally used as a skin lotion to treat swelling and sore muscles as well as to rinse hair to increase shine and thickness.
It is high in flavonoids, carotenoids and alkaloids, with aqueous extracts showing DPPH radical scavenging activity with a similar IC50 value to vitamin C.
- Increase in extract concentration correlates with the decrease in hydroxyl radicals i.e. increase in scavenging activity
- Moderate scavenging activity at low Broom extract concentrations
- Overall, exponential increase in scavenging activity from 6.3% to 50.0% extract concentration
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties confirmed
- DPPH radical scavenging activity of Broom extract is proportional to the extract concentration
- Linear increase in scavenging activity from 0.63% to 3.0% extract concentrations
-Nearly maximum scavenging activity at 5.0% extract concentration
- Antioxidant activity is confirmed